Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (125 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a series

I would greatly appreciate someones help on solving this problem which I have spent far too many days and hours already trying to figure it out but to no avail.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop and the above mentioned HP printer. Connection via USB but nothing will print, the print jobs sit in queue. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers via CD and those offered on-line numerous times and still nothing. My daughter has a macbook and my son has a HP laptop and both their computers once connected via USB, will print with no problem (And they did not install the driver CD).  I have also used the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it does not detect my laptop. Each time I try to install drivers I get to the point where it says connect via USB but it does not recognize it's already connected. And yes I have tried all USB ports on my laptop and they are not the issue. 

This eve my daughter gave me here printer which is a HP 1100 series to try and see if it would work with my laptop, but nothing....again.  When I go into Devices and Printers both printer are listed there. 

Please, please help as I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance.

Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a series

Oh and I have Window 7 which I forgot to mention in my above post. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation