Question

Honor Student
Bernice63
Message 1 of 2 (64 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a series

I would greatly appreciate someones help on solving this problem which I have spent far too many days and hours already trying to figure it out but to no avail.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop and the above mentioned HP printer. Connection via USB but nothing will print, the print jobs sit in queue. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers via CD and those offered on-line numerous times and still nothing. My daughter has a macbook and my son has a HP laptop and both their computers once connected via USB, will print with no problem (And they did not install the driver CD).  I have also used the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it does not detect my laptop. Each time I try to install drivers I get to the point where it says connect via USB but it does not recognize it's already connected. And yes I have tried all USB ports on my laptop and they are not the issue. 

This eve my daughter gave me here printer which is a HP 1100 series to try and see if it would work with my laptop, but nothing....again.  When I go into Devices and Printers both printer are listed there. 

Please, please help as I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance.

Honor Student
Bernice63
Message 2 of 2 (48 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a series

Oh and I have Window 7 which I forgot to mention in my above post. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation