Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 won't print black. (725 Views)
Student
Melvanoate
Message 1 of 3 (2,633 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 won't print black.

I thought the problem was with the black ink so I changed all the inks but the printer won't print black, just color.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 3 (2,621 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 won't print black.

Sorry that you are having a problem printing black on printouts. It may be your print heads. Sometimes when they get dirty and need cleaning it can cause this issue. It could have also went bad. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this problem. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01980797&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Let me know if this helps, thanks.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Student
NYCkat
Message 3 of 3 (725 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 won't print black.

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue (and had dealt with this regarding the colors not printing a couple of months ago).  I put in a new cartridge, since black ink was very low, but it still wouldn't print any black, so I changed the printhead (which is what I had to do to get colors to print 2 months ago) and it's printing just fine now.   FWIW, the printheads can't be purchased in stores.  You have to order them online.  Good news is that you will only need them every several years.  My printer is a few years old and this is the first time I have changed them.  :smileyhappy:

Also note that if you call HP for support (which is what I did 2 months ago), they will tell you NOT to replace the printheads and just to buy a new printer.  What a total waste!  I took my chances, and the printer is working just fine.

HP8500A

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation