04-11-2013 09:56 AM
Sorry that you are having a problem printing black on printouts. It may be your print heads. Sometimes when they get dirty and need cleaning it can cause this issue. It could have also went bad.
Here is a link that may assist you with this problem.
Let me know if this helps, thanks.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
05-04-2014 05:18 PM - edited 05-04-2014 05:19 PM
I had the same issue (and had dealt with this regarding the colors not printing a couple of months ago). I put in a new cartridge, since black ink was very low, but it still wouldn't print any black, so I changed the printhead (which is what I had to do to get colors to print 2 months ago) and it's printing just fine now. FWIW, the printheads can't be purchased in stores. You have to order them online. Good news is that you will only need them every several years. My printer is a few years old and this is the first time I have changed them.
Also note that if you call HP for support (which is what I did 2 months ago), they will tell you NOT to replace the printheads and just to buy a new printer. What a total waste! I took my chances, and the printer is working just fine.
01-03-2015 09:48 PM
open top. (i.e. not just the scanner top but also the printer top so put your hand below the LED screen and lift it all). Once you have done that press the "*" key and hold it down for at least 5 seconds.
The printer heads will go all the way to the left and you can lift the holding tab and remove both of them if you wish. They pop right out
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)