Question

Student
Alboworld
Message 1 of 2 (683 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910a Model No CM755A

Printer runs check on switching on for about 8 minutes then runs through process of aligning printheads and finishes with the message 'printhead alignment failed, refer to user manual'  I have followed the processes suggested on the HP help page 23 times to no avail. I have now wastted about one quarter of my ink cartridges. I can obtain a black print OK but the colours are only mis-aligned black and yellow, ( all the cartridges were brand new HP).  I printed out a self test diagnostic page which states that the print head health is good with the end of warranty date for these asa 28/11/2012. Any suggestion/ help would be gratefully received before I decide on which form of violent destruction I use on this machine.

Tutor
Doolin
Message 2 of 2 (668 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910a Model No CM755A

[ Edited ]

My recommendation is to contact HP Support by phone and ask for a replacement, but not another 8500 model as I have had 2 of this model both giving multiple problems. They were both replaced with what HP call refurbished models and both replacements had the same issues as the original units.

{Content Removed: Duplicate post http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/Constant-problems-with-OfficeJet-Pro-85...}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation