Question

Honor Student
hookedcruiser
Message 1 of 47 (3,354 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus printing problems.

i have an hp officejet pro 8500a plus.  when i attempt to send a print to it the display shows ithat it is printing but nothing happens.  This also happens when attempting to scan a document.  The only way I can resolve the issue is to turn the printer off and then on again and it then prints straight away for a short while before getting the same problem.  Any help would be appreciated..

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 47 (3,339 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus printing problems.

Does the problem only happen when the printer has been in sleep mode?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
hookedcruiser
Message 3 of 47 (3,338 Views)

Re: HP period Pro 8500A Plus printing problems.

Yes, but when turned off and back on again it works until you have a period of about 15 minutes between prints.  I contacted HP telephone support today and was talked through the process of reducing the sleep period in "underware" to 0 seconds but the problem continues.

I spoke to them again and immediately they said that I would be sent a replacement for it as it is still under warranty.  

I was very impressed as I live in Ireland and having checked the courier site find it is on its way from Prague and due delivery tomorrow.

I suppose this means that my problem has been resolved in a roundabout way!!!

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 47 (3,336 Views)

Re: HP period Pro 8500A Plus printing problems.

Glad to hear it.  :smileyhappy:

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
Iowa42
Message 5 of 47 (3,331 Views)

The  printer  will  not  stay  online  and  have  unchecked  offline  and  still  does  not  print

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 47 (3,329 Views)

What printer are you referring to?  Not to scold you, but forums edicate dictates that if you have a question, you have to give all the information to get a good answer.  The post linked below lays out some good guide lines to go by.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/td-p/7...

Signature
Honor Student
Iowa42
Message 7 of 47 (3,314 Views)

I  have  a  wireless 8500 A910 7FFD56  that  I  can  not  get  online.  It  will copy or  scan  but  not  print  from  my  laptop.  I  have  reinstalled  it  several  times.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 47 (3,307 Views)

What anti-virus and firewall are you using?  If you disable them, will it print?

Are the print jobs getting the print queue and then stalling, or are they leaving the queue and not getting to the printer?

Have you tried using the HP Print and Scan Dr. to clear up the problem?  If so, what happened?

Signature
Top Student
BarneyS
Message 9 of 47 (3,294 Views)

Same issue.  Sometimes the only way to get a print job to happen is to turn the printer off and then back on.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 10 of 47 (3,286 Views)

@BarneyS   Which of the 8500 series of printers do you have?

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation