09-10-2012 01:34 PM
i have an hp officejet pro 8500a plus. when i attempt to send a print to it the display shows ithat it is printing but nothing happens. This also happens when attempting to scan a document. The only way I can resolve the issue is to turn the printer off and then on again and it then prints straight away for a short while before getting the same problem. Any help would be appreciated..
09-11-2012 01:54 PM
09-11-2012 02:06 PM
Yes, but when turned off and back on again it works until you have a period of about 15 minutes between prints. I contacted HP telephone support today and was talked through the process of reducing the sleep period in "underware" to 0 seconds but the problem continues.
I spoke to them again and immediately they said that I would be sent a replacement for it as it is still under warranty.
I was very impressed as I live in Ireland and having checked the courier site find it is on its way from Prague and due delivery tomorrow.
I suppose this means that my problem has been resolved in a roundabout way!!!
09-11-2012 02:24 PM
What printer are you referring to? Not to scold you, but forums edicate dictates that if you have a question, you have to give all the information to get a good answer. The post linked below lays out some good guide lines to go by.
09-12-2012 12:29 PM
What anti-virus and firewall are you using? If you disable them, will it print?
Are the print jobs getting the print queue and then stalling, or are they leaving the queue and not getting to the printer?
Have you tried using the HP Print and Scan Dr. to clear up the problem? If so, what happened?
09-13-2012 03:21 PM
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series