05-04-2014 01:19 PM
I've had my HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One Printer - A910n for a 2+-3 years and never had an issue with it until now.
When I first turn on the unit, I can print, copy scan, etc. with no problem, but then the display panel freezes after 15-18 minutes making the unit inoperable - even the power button is unresponsive. I end up having to unplug the unit, and when I replug it, the unit works fine but then the display panel freezes again after 15-18 minutes. Is there a way to correct this myself? Hope there's a solution for this! Thanks!
05-06-2014 04:13 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I understand that the 8500a Premium will print, scan, copy, etc until it is left alone for 15 minutes, at this point only disconnecting the power and connecting it again will allow the printer to function.
You should have the printer connected into a wall outlet directly for it's power supply, if connected to surge or power bar it should be removed and placed into the wall. For an explination, this HP document: Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector will help.
I would suggest checking for updates released from HP, there are two ways to check and they are located here: HP Officejet Pro Firmware.
I hope this has helped, if not I will check back for a reply
05-06-2014 05:18 PM
Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, I tried all of your suggestions prior to posting my problem, but they did not work. Oh, and each time I turn the printer back on it goes through the cleaning printheads cycle and uses up my ink!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series