Question

Honor Student
BCIN09
Message 1 of 4 (119 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One Printer - Display Panel unresponsive after 15-18 minutes

I've had my HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One Printer - A910n for a 2+-3 years and never had an issue with it until now. 

When I first turn on the unit, I can print, copy scan, etc. with no problem, but then the display panel freezes after 15-18 minutes making the unit inoperable - even the power button is unresponsive.  I end up having to unplug the unit, and when I replug it, the unit works fine but then the display panel freezes again after 15-18 minutes.  Is there a way to correct this myself? Hope there's a solution for this!   Thanks!

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 4 (87 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One Printer - Display Panel unresponsive after 15-18 min

Hello BCIN09,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that the 8500a Premium will print, scan, copy, etc until it is left alone for 15 minutes, at this point only disconnecting the power and connecting it again will allow the printer to function.

You should have the printer connected into a wall outlet directly for it's power supply, if connected to surge or power bar it should be removed and placed into the wall. For an explination, this HP document: Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector will help.

I would suggest checking for updates released from HP, there are two ways to check and they are located here: HP Officejet Pro Firmware.

I hope this has helped, if not I will check back for a reply :smileyhappy:

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
BCIN09
Message 3 of 4 (82 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One Printer - Display Panel unresponsive after 15-18 min

Hi Jerend,

Thanks for your quick response.  Unfortunately, I tried all of your suggestions prior to posting my problem, but they did not work.   Oh, and each time I turn the printer back on it goes through the cleaning printheads cycle and uses up my ink!  :smileysad:  

Student
jdo5979
Message 4 of 4 (34 Views)

I have the same issue. Is there a solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation