07-05-2012 05:18 AM
This printer is fine when I print a document immediately after switching on the printer, but if it has gone idle, will not print without switching off and back on again.
Running Windows 7, no recent changes made to system.
No software updates required.
07-06-2012 08:34 AM
What model 8500a are you using? There are several models and they each had a firmware update about a year ago. Each of the firmware versions are listed below so you can just pick the model you are using.
In the section where it details what the update addresses it lists
"9. Improve the printer responsiveness in Power saving mode"
There also seems to be a few fixes that others have found in this forum thread
Let me know if you already have the latest firmware. Also information such as if the problem first started happening after the black ink (as discussed in the forum thread) was replaced may be helfpul.
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)