Question

Top Student
Sumof8
Message 1 of 3 (2,273 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus All-in-one Printer, won't print image in company logo

I have a Mac the OSX is Lion version 10.7.3 (11D50) I recently installed this printer. I have printed other documents in color with no problem. 

Now I'm trying to print out an invoice with my company's logo. The X in the logo is an image that has different grades of  blue, but it prints other items on the invoice that are blue. It also correctly prints the watermark in blue. 

Any suggestions?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 3 (2,251 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus All-in-one Printer, won't print image in company logo

Welcome to the forum. What quality are you selecting when printing the invoice? If you are printing in "draft" quality this may cause the issue.  Print a Quality Diagnostics Report which will print different shades of each color. This will let us know if it the actual cartridge that is the issue or something else.

Follow these steps to print a Print Quality Diagnostics Report from the product control panel.

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.
  2. On the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display additional options.
  3. Touch Setup ( ). The Setup Menu displays.
  4. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Reports .
  5. Touch Print Quality Report . The Print Quality Diagnostics Report prints.

Let me know how the test page prints out.

Thanks,

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
Sumof8
Message 3 of 3 (2,244 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus All-in-one Printer, won't print image in company logo

Thank you for responding!

It turns out that I had to change my Color Matching print settings to make it work. I went under Color Matching and changed that option from Vendor Matching to ColorSync.

This automatically changed the profile to Glossy Color Brochure rather than just plain paper. This is unfortunate because this uses more toner and doesn't allow you to print a draft copy.

I tried a couple of the other profiles, but so far they either use as much toner, or do not print the logo. I was under time constraints so I had to stop experimenting, but after this project is over I will try the other profiles to see if they work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation