Question

Student
choosered
Message 1 of 40 (12,095 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer Error Please turn Printer Off and then On PLEASE HELP

I'm having an issue with my printer giving me the Printer Error Please turn Printer Off and then On the whole screen and all the buttons blink while it gives this error. I've tried obviously doing what it says and restarting my computer etc. But it comes back with that error shortly after I turn it back on. I might be able to print one page before it gives me the error. Even if I'm not trying to print it gives me that error after being on for a couple minutes tops. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Master's Graduate
prabaa
Message 2 of 40 (12,056 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer Error Please turn Printer Off and then On PLEASE HELP

Hi,

May be the latest firmware for printer helps.

1. Restart your printer.

2. Download it from below link and install it from your computer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-102210-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Happy Printing.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Student
Ps2105
Message 3 of 40 (12,037 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer Error Please turn Printer Off and then On PLEASE HELP

I've had the same problem and HP has sent me two printers and I still have the problem. The newest printer went to the 'white' screen during setup and did it five times today. There was no specific task I was performing, usually it has just sat idle for a while and the next time I look at the printer it has 'white screened'. I'd like to know what is causing it and just get a working printer!

Top Student
altalewd
Message 4 of 40 (11,869 Views)

I have the same problem.

I tried the link you provided, but HP couldn't find it.  

How can I get another printer if this one doesn't work?

Honor Student
gabey
Message 5 of 40 (11,804 Views)

I have same issue with an almost brand new hp officeJet Pro 8600 Plus (N911g) printer.

After the reported error message "Printer error (no error number) Please turn the printer off and then on" - if I turn off the printer and turn back on, the printer works for few minutes: I can print from computer, browse to hp web site using the front panel, update driver, ... But around the time the printer is supposed to go to sleep (eco wait time is set to 10 minutes) the white screen error message returns, all icons around the panel are flashing, including the power button.

I have the latest firmware installed (CLP1CN1232AR)

I don't see any other recommendation from hp tech support ("teacher") then suggesting updating firmware that seems not fixing the issue.

We need further help.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 40 (11,714 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer Error Please turn Printer Off and then On PLEASE HELP

[ Edited ]

@gabey
Do you have the printer plugged directly into wall outlet?  I would take a look at the document below it gives you somethings to look at when you have power issues.

Student
FLYPNW
Message 7 of 40 (11,707 Views)

I am experiencing the same issue with an 8600 I literally bought yesterday.  I actually took one back and exchanged it for a replacement because the first one did it too.  Now that the second one is doing it, I am starting to think it has something to do with the environment it's in (this house or in that corner of the house, etc...)  I have three of these printers in my various offices around the country and this is the first time I have ever had any trouble with the 8600 line.  To be clear I have one 8600 Premium and two 8600 Plus'.  

I noted the last question was if the printer was plugged directly into the wall.  In my case it is.  The fact that this question was asked is enough for me to try a power strip to see if it resolves the issue.  Before finding this forum I had been considering that as one of the causes.  

Thoughts?  

Honor Student
al1p
Message 8 of 40 (11,668 Views)

looks the same here.. I bought a first HP8600 printer last Saturday and installation was impossible as the printer screen remained ALL BLACK. Today I gave back this faulty printer against a new one. But, arrived home with this new printer, the installation is still impossible as the printer screen remained ALL WHITE.

So either ALL BLACK yesterday, or ALL WHITE today, the screen is inoperant for these two printers.

I am a French guy from Paris who tries to contact anyone from HP. i believe HP has designed the support process just discouraging enough for dropping most of the customers claims. How can I do?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 9 of 40 (11,659 Views)

[ Edited ]

@al1p
Have you took a look at the document above? I am including contact information that you where seeking.

Hp France

Let me know how it goes.

Honor Student
gabey
Message 10 of 40 (11,644 Views)

garytech1 wrote:

"@gabey
Do you have the printer plugged directly into wall outlet?  I would take a look at the document below it gives you somethings to look at when you have power issues."

gabey's response:

Yes, I have the printer plugged in the power outlet directly. There is no power strip with surge protector or no uninterruptable power supply (UPS) in between.

If there was any power problem then the printer would not work at all before the noted error message pops up on the white screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation