Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This also happened to me right after warantee expired.  Every time I've called HP support they are only interested in selling me a new printer or getting me to give them a credit card to tell me what went wrong.  This is a scam!  I will never buy another HP product.  They are rip off artists.  Also going to tell my 5,000 email customers about this poor experience!

Bob {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

Yup.  Same thing happened to me.  Tried other fixes, but doesn't work.  Still white screen.  What a pain

HP Recommended

Blank displays shortly after warranty expiration seems to be a common theme here. Our non profit organization used this machine happily in our office (worked very well) until a few days ago. Display is blank. Warranty expired back in March. Theyie representative wanted a fee before they would attempt a troubleshoot over the phone and since I didn't want to pay what they asked they suggested I take the machine to one of their service centers or buy a new one. How quaint....Our organization can't afford buying a new printer every few years. Unfortunately even though we liked this machine we will not be purchasing another H/P product, opting instead for a Epson printer, a brand we had prior to this which worked fine for many years of moderate use. Sad, when HP was an test equipment manufacturer their products were THE products to own.  Perhaps that is why they separated that group from the consumer products.

HP Recommended

my screen has done the same thing and I have a HP laptop that will not hold  a charge from the cord. I thought Dell was bad i'm so good on HP I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!!

HP Recommended

MY PRINTER IS ONLY A YEAR OLD AND IT HAS ALREADY BLACKED OUT..SMH HP!

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I would like to share with you this work-around which works for me.

1) Unplug the power cord.

2) Wait for appro. 30 second

3) Plug in the power cord

4) Power on the printer

5) Wait for the printer to enter ready mode (after all the servicing of the printer is complete)

6) Download the latest Firmware from HP.com, depending on your printer model:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=1#/qryterm=officejet%20pro%208600e%20all%20in%20one...

7) This should works!

Hope this helps :generic:

HP Recommended
No, that didn't work. This printer really sucks, I will never allow my company to buy another HP product
HP Recommended

After trying all the fixes offered on this and other forums (with no success!)  I replaced my screen with one bought on eBay ($14 used, $45 new) and it works great now. It was really easy to swap out the parts. Well worth it, in my opinion! 

HP Recommended

Thankyou for this one banditwear - most deserving of kudos IMO - 2 thumbs up.

My Officejet pro 8600 is about 10 months old and the screen went blank. These particular units were on special at our local Staples stores (called Bureau en Gros in this province- but, same company) . So I can't help but wonder if someone already knew something before they started offering them at a more reasonable price. The problem for me, is I thought I was going to get a reliable printer, so I went and bought the  (costly) HP 950XL and 951 ink cartridges in anticipation of that assumption.

Some of the problems can still be worked around, For example, I wanted to make photocopies of several pages of a manual. I used to be able to do that directly with a functioning screen - now one has to scan, save  as PDF, JPEG or OCR first, and then print it.

You have offered the most direct, effective, and cost effective solution- without half of the headaches or time wasting. The eBay prices you quoted are accurate.

Thanks again. Regards.

HP Recommended

I got prompted a few weeks ago for the firmware upgrade and that's when the trouble started. It started out as, only when the phone rang would the screen go white. Then it was white all the time and I could make it go away by cycling the power. Now it's just on all the time. I just did the pull the plug and try to upgrade the firmware but the firmware's already been upgraded and obviously that can't be undone.

I truely don't believe this is a hardware problem but a firmware problem.

Just pissed.

~Bob

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.