HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus-how to stop unwanted printing (1509 Views)
Honor Student
noodlemaggie
Message 1 of 8 (1,509 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus-how to stop unwanted printing

My printer prints out everyday  a crossword puzzle, etc and I don't want them. What do I need to do to turn this feature off.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 8 (1,506 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus-how to stop unwanted printing

[ Edited ]

Touch the front panel, touch Apps, scroll to find uCrossword click on the checkbox to get the printing "Paused", then press the back arrow to return to the main menu.  

You can also set the preferences at http://www.ePrintCenter.com.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
OSUgirl1964
Message 3 of 8 (1,148 Views)

How to stop unwanted printing on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.  Please assist.  Thank you.  Rita McShea

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 8 (1,144 Views)

OSUgirl1964 wrote:

How to stop unwanted printing on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.  Please assist.  Thank you.  Rita McShea

Please read this post then provide some details. What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth?

What exactly is printing?  How often?

Did you look at the solution above?

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Honor Student
OSUgirl1964
Message 5 of 8 (1,138 Views)

I use Windows 7  Browser: Internet Explorer  Wireless connections

Receiving NBC news on printer daily without requesting.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 8 (1,133 Views)

OK, do the following:  touch the Home icon on the front panel, touch Apps, hit the > button on the right to scroll until you see the NBC News app, click on NBC News, Settings, Turn Off Scheduled Delivery, OK.

Honor Student
donaldramsay
Message 7 of 8 (128 Views)

Garfield coloring pages print out when computer turned on.  How to stop unwanted print outs ?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 8 (126 Views)

donaldramsay wrote:

Garfield coloring pages print out when computer turned on.  How to stop unwanted print outs ?

This thread has instructions on turning off (or just pausing) apps from printing.  Read the thread, it should help resolve the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation