12-01-2013 01:22 PM
My HP officejet Pro 8600 is connected to my network, It shows up when I access Scan Doctor but keeps showing up offline. My operating system is Windows 7 premium and I have Internet Explorer 11 installed. The printer was working fine but has now stopped printing. Can you please help me sort this problem out? I also have Norton 360 Security installed , could this be a problem with the firewall configeration? if so how do I sort this out?
12-02-2013 03:05 PM
Did you try disabling(temporarily) the firewall from Norton? Can you check if the printer device shows up in the Network Security Map in Norton as a trusted device?
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series