08-19-2012 09:37 PM
I have only had this printer for a couple of months. I have a Mac 10.6 desktop computer. When I first started using the printer it would print in colour but only sometimes and I couldn't work our when that would be. I couldn't work out how to consistently print in colour. Now it doesn't print in colour at all. All the ink cartridges are full. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.
08-21-2012 11:39 AM - edited 08-21-2012 11:40 AM
hi there I hope you are doing well
There are several facts that can create this problem this article although not created for this issue covers most or not all of the steps you as a user can take to fix this issue.
Also make sure that your printer is updated with the most current drivers,
This is the main support page for your printer is a valuable resource, bookmarked.
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911g make sure this is the comple printer model of your printer.
Go to the Software and drivers link select your OS if an update is available download and install same with firmware if one update is available it will be here.
let me know the outcome and I will do my best to help you.
Hope this helps!
08-21-2012 06:04 PM
I have installed the driver and software updates as suggested. The problem still exists. I did not mention that I have two Mac desktop (10.6) computers using this printer wirelessly. One sits next to the printer on the desk and prints in colour every time. The other is in another room downstairs - this is the one that now only prints in black and white. If I send a document to the printer via hp eprint from my phone it will print in colour. Any further help you can give is most appreciated.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series