Question

Honor Student
turtle48k
Message 1 of 4 (3,827 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 won't print in colour

I have only had this printer for a couple of months.  I have a Mac 10.6 desktop computer.  When I first started using the printer it would print in colour but only sometimes and I couldn't work our when that would be.   I couldn't work out how to consistently print in colour.  Now it doesn't print in colour at all.    All the ink cartridges are full.  Any suggestions gratefully received.  Thanks.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 4 (3,817 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 won't print in colour

[ Edited ]

hi there I hope you are doing well

There are several facts that can create this problem this article although not created for this issue covers most or not all of the steps you as a user can take to fix this issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03096304&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4323648&tmp...

Also make sure that your printer is updated with the most current drivers,

This is the main support page for your printer is a valuable resource, bookmarked.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911g make sure this is the comple printer model of your printer.

Go to the Software and drivers link select your OS if an update is available download and install same with firmware if one update is available it will be here.

let me know the outcome and I will do my best to help you.

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
turtle48k
Message 3 of 4 (3,807 Views)

Thanks RobertoR.

I have installed the driver and software updates as suggested.  The problem still exists.  I did not mention that I have two Mac desktop (10.6) computers using this printer wirelessly.  One sits next to the printer on the desk and prints in colour every time.  The other is in another room downstairs - this is the one that now only prints in black and white.  If I send a document to the printer via hp eprint from my phone it will print in colour.  Any further help you can give is most appreciated.

Student
Geocabral
Message 4 of 4 (329 Views)

I use the same OS (mac 10.6) and I'm getting the same problem. Anybody could please help us ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation