HP Photosmart 3310 is printing 2345X on blank pages (635 Views)
Honor Student
HP3310
Message 1 of 13 (635 Views)

HP Photosmart 3310 is printing 2345X on blank pages

Any fixes for HP Photosmart 3310 printing 2345X on blank pages? After each print command completes, the printer shoots out a blank page w/ 2345X on it. Sometimes it's a minute later.

Student
FrkN
Message 2 of 13 (542 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 3310 is printing 2345X on blank pages

I have the same problem. Almost 8 years(!) after purchase, I looked for an update (due to often crashes) and after installing it, suddenly my printer is taking forever to print. After the print I ordered has arrived, a minute or so later, out comes an almost blank page...sometimes just with the number '2' and sometimes with '2345X' in the upper left corner???

I need help fixing this very annoying waste of time and paper...please!

HP
Cheetah12
Message 3 of 13 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone.

I understand your concerns as this situation seems frustrating. Please verify what type of printer you have. Click here to find out: Model Number.

How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB.

What type of program are you printing from? Does this issue occur using one program or multiple programs?

Please reference this HP document on Continuous Pages of Strange Text. This document is only if your printer is connected USB.

Once you verify this information I can assist you further.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
HP3310
Message 4 of 13 (516 Views)

My model is HP Photosmart 3310 All-in-One

It is connected via USB port to my iMac

It seems to happen whenever I send a print command, i.e. Safari, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Adobe, etc.

As soon as the print job prints, the screen on the printer says Printing... and it takes about a minute or so for the sheet to print with 2 or 2345X on it.

I have unplugged everything, rebooted, downloaded the latest driver, etc.

Thanks for your response...hope you can solve this.

HP
Cheetah12
Message 5 of 13 (510 Views)

Thank you for your update!

I would just like to verify a couple of things. Have you tried a different USB cord?

On your iMac, have you performed every possible Apple Update?

Please try Resetting the Print System on your iMac. I have provided an Apple document to help perform these steps. *Note this will delete your printer, but after you performed these steps you can re-add your printer*

Also you can try a Repair Disk Permissions. This Apple document will help you perform these steps.

Do you have another printer we could try on your iMac to verify if this issue occurs or not?

Please verify this information so I can assist you further.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
martinnadel
Message 6 of 13 (504 Views)

I have a 3180 all in one and it is also printing out "2" or "2345"spontaneously or when I hit print for a requested print job. This is frequent but not always.

HP
Cheetah12
Message 7 of 13 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello martinnadel.

You need to verify what type of operating system you have. Click here to find out: Windows or Mac.

What type of program are you printing from? Does this issue occur using one program or multiple programs?

Is this printer connected USB or wireless?

If you are using a Mac, then please look at my previous post on this thread.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
martinnadel
Message 8 of 13 (493 Views)

I have a Mac Lion 10.7.5. The problem seems to only occur using word although I don't often print from other programs. I have not had the problem printing from firefox.

Honor Student
martinnadel
Message 9 of 13 (492 Views)

Forgot to mention I am using a USB connection

HP
Cheetah12
Message 10 of 13 (486 Views)

Thank you for your update.

Have you tried the steps I posted in my previous post for using a Mac?

Let me know if you have performed all of these steps and I will continue to assist you further.

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation