Question

Tutor
Una_Kilgarriff
Message 1 of 4 (602 Views)

HP Photosmart 5510 All-in-One Printer; Windows Vista; Noise of Paper Feed Mechanism

[ Edited ]

My new Photosmart 5510 makes a lot of noise when feeding in paper. I have checked to ensure that it is set, as closely as possible, to the paper I am using. Why does it make so much noise and is there any way to make it quieter? It is working OK, but I always feel it is struggling to feed the paper, especially if it is a matte card type. It does, however, make a lot of noise with just plain paper also.

Thank you

Úna

Grad Student
samierus
Message 2 of 4 (594 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 All-in-One Printer; Windows Vista; Noise of Paper Feed Mechanism

Try using a different kind of paper
Fan the papers before you place them in the tray
Clean the rollers.
Restart the printer
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Tutor
Una_Kilgarriff
Message 3 of 4 (586 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 All-in-One Printer; Windows Vista; Noise of Paper Feed Mechanism

Sorry but this does not really give me much help!

I have a particular paper card that I wish to use.

Turning on and off the printer would make absolutely no difference.

The printer is 4 weeks old so not getting a lot of use in that time should not need rollers to be cleaned (How do you clean them anyway?)

I feel that this answer came from somebody who tried to answer a question without having any solution.

Sorry but I do know a little about computers and printers so am a little dissatisfied with the answer.

Why not just say the printer is noisey and that is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Una

Grad Student
samierus
Message 4 of 4 (577 Views)

HI Una.
I know it might sound irrelevant for ur question.. but many a times these small workarounds has resolved the issue. But however if its not resolved than as you say the printer is noisey and that is that
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation