02-17-2013 07:17 PM
My HP Photosmart 5510 printer will not print. Just put all new ink cartridges in and now the black won't print at all. The color cartridges did print in test prints, but not in actual printing. Tried to do several diagnostics, but nothing is working. Of course, the printer is out of warranty as of Nov., 2012!! The printer worked fine until the ink levels were so low I had to replace the cartridges, and now--nothing!!
02-17-2013 08:34 PM
Perform the Cartridge Cleaning process 3-4 times. Now try.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
02-18-2013 08:41 AM
Thanks for the quick response. I tried cleaning the cartridges 5 times, but still no black ink! The last two times resulted in the green, violet, and blue squares being streaked. I tried to align to align the cartridges, but got a message that alignment had failed and that cartridges are not calibrated for best print quality. Can't seem to figure that out, either! Still no black ink!
02-18-2013 09:04 AM
Sounds like other people have had the same problem with the black ink not printing. I am very frustrated at this point, because I spent the money to get all new cartridges and when the black ink (which I purchased the large cartridge at $22+) wouldn't print, I thought I had purchased a defective cartridge and went back out and purchased the regular black cartridge which wouldn't work, either!! So, I now have spent a little over half of what it would cost to purchase a new printer, since mine is out of warranty by a little over two months! After doing all the diagnostics in which only the color ink would print, the ink levels now show all the colors are more than half used! Wow! This is going to be costly whatever the solution!!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series