Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Black in will not print!!!! Ugh!!!! Brand new black cartridge with low levels on the colors.  Have gone through all the normal procedures to clean print heads, align printer, take ink out and put back in......  Colors will print on these pages but not the black.  Yes, HP cartridge not a knock off. Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This document may shed some light here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02914910

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

This document may shed some light here:

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

@Penn13 wrote:

Black in will not print!!!! Ugh!!!! Brand new black cartridge with low levels on the colors.  Have gone through all the normal procedures to clean print heads, align printer, take ink out and put back in......  Colors will print on these pages but not the black.  Yes, HP cartridge not a knock off. Help!!

Hi Penn13, did the document 007 send on solve the issue, or are you still having a problem with Black not printing?

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hi Penn13, are you still seeing this issue?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. The website posted above isn't helpful.

I just replaced black and cyan ink. The black cartridge was replaced twice on the chance that one was defective. Still no luck. Test page shows no black. Alignment page shows no black. Printing from computer shows no black. Copy with any of three modes gives no black. Lot's of blank pages.

Printer is 2 weeks out of warranty.

HP Recommended

Hi Glen_N

Have you tried running a couple of printhead cleans and checking that the cartridges are vented properly?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

@Penn13 wrote:

Hi Penn13, is this issue with Black not printing now resolved?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

Yes. I had a technician at best buy look. They ran an additional cleaning sequence, that is apparently accessed by holding the button longer or something like that. It printed a tiny little mark of black but then stopped again.

HP Recommended

Try running the printhead clean a couple more times to see if it improves. You've already checked the cartridge is vented properly, right?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

Have you found a solution? I am facing exactly the same problem. Thx.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.