HP Photosmart 6510 Carriage Jam (156 Views)
Honor Student
masteryoda1041
Message 1 of 2 (156 Views)

HP Photosmart 6510 Carriage Jam

1. HP Photosmart 6510 CQ761A

2. Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 32-bit

3. 'Carriage Jam'

4. <None>

With regard to clearing a carriage jam as described in solution one found here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02897440&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la... after completing step two, is there a way to check and make sure there aren't small scraps of paper inside the printer? If so, what is it?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 2 (143 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 6510 Carriage Jam

Step Two in the document, provided above, shows how to check the printer for paper.  One can open the top and look all the way left and right inside the printer.  One can also open the cleanout door in the printer to check for paper in the top side of the rollers. 

Figure 5: Remove the cleanout door from the product

Image: Removing the cleanout door from the product

1 - Lift the cleanout door up
2 - Pull the cleanout door out

One can also remove all the paper from the input tray and turn the printer over.  If one slides the paper tray all the way out, then one can access the bottom side of the rollers to ensure nothing is caught in the unit.

Figure 8: Remove paper from underneath the product

Image: Remove paper from  underneath the product

These are the regions where paper can get caught in operation and also be accessed to be cleared out.  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation