Question

Top Student
Isis61
Message 1 of 3 (1,487 Views)

HP Photosmart 6520 Print problems

I am having some very frustrating problems with my new HP 6520!  I finally found the HP Essentials software but my photos are printing crooked and have a border even though I have selected the Borderless Printing in advanced settings. I have tred adjusting sizes, paper and other options, taken out the photo paper and reinserted, changes the type of paper but they are still crooked and with a border!  Also the border is small on the left and top and wide on the right and bottom.  Document printing seems to be fine.  Can anyone help?  Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Top Student
Isis61
Message 2 of 3 (1,478 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 6520 Print problems

OK - now I'm really getting fed up!  Documents are printing at A5 size even though all settings are A4 and all the appropriate boxes are checked.  I really have no idea what on earth is going on with this printer!  My 3110 was never this hard to sort out!~

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 3 of 3 (1,446 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 6520 Print problems

Hi Isis61,

Try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  Also, shut your computer down.  Restart the computer after a minute.  Is there any difference?

When you change the settings for A4 printing, is it done at the  Software  level or at the  Default  level?  Software settings will override default settings,

What program are you using?  Does the A4 / A5 mix-up happen on other programs?

What is the operating system for your computer?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation