02-25-2013 12:59 PM
I understand you're having problems printing envelopes. I am linking you to a document with video that will assist.
Let me know how it goes.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
07-01-2013 12:38 PM
I see you are trying to print off an envelope with your Photosmart 6520 and are receiving paper mismatch errors.
What size/# envelope are you trying to print on?
Do you have the full feature software for the printer installed on the PC?
What is the Operating System of the computer you are printing from?
What program are you printing the envelope from?
Have you checked the printing preferences to make sure you have the correct envelope size set in the driver? If the paper size is set in the driver to say Letter (8.5x11), then it will give a paper mismatch error as the printer paper sensors recognize the envelope as not matching driver settings.
08-24-2013 07:47 AM
the link to the "solution" shows a COMPLETELY different paper tray configuration than my Photosmart 6250 (there is NO envelope slot on top !!!!!) ...and the explanation is convoluted. Please give a SIMPLE STEP BY STEP TO PRINT A SINGLE ENVELOPE WITH THE PHOTOSMART 6520
08-26-2013 03:16 PM
- Pull out the input tray until it stops, and then slide the paper guides to their outermost positions.Figure 9: Pull out the input tray and slide out the paper guides
- Load one or more envelopes into the tray, with the flaps on the left and facing up.Figure 10: Load the envelopes into the tray
- Slide in the paper guides so that they rest against the stack of envelopes.Figure 11: Slide in the paper guides until they rest against the edges of the envelopes
- Push the paper tray into the printer.
09-03-2013 11:50 AM
I see you are having an issue of "paper mismatch" error. I would like to ask a few questions in this case.
- Have you taken all paper out of the printer except for the desired envelopes for printing and set the paper guides as shown above?
- What program are you using to create the envelope template? Have you checked your print settings to make sure the expected paper type for the printer driver is set to match the envelopes? (This part is key, because if the driver expects Letter paper or something similar it will always provide this error no matter any other parameters you set)
- What is the number of envelope? (Such as #10, etc)
- What is the operating system of the computer you have the printer installed on for printing?
09-11-2013 10:01 PM
09-12-2013 11:43 AM
I had to remove the regular paper out of the tray, insert the envelope, and then adjust the SECOND set of paper guides in order to print envelopes. you can't print anything but regular paper if you follow the instructions given.
**The pictures above and instructions do not indicate to leave the regular paper in place, then put envelopes on top. I am sorry for the confusion, but felt the pictures documented this.
Best of luck,