Question

Intern
ronalds173
Message 1 of 12 (1,449 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart 7520 wont print envelopes

My HP Photosmart 7520 All-In-One suddenly stopped printing envelopes. I previously printed them but now they just come out blank, and I have no idea why?:manfrustrated:

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 12 (1,432 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7520 wont print envelopes

Hi ronalds173,

I'd like to help.  Can you answer some questions?

1. What color ink is supposed to be printed on the envelopes?
  2. Can you make a photocopy using that color ink?
  3. Can you print other documents using that color from the computer to the printer?
  4. Can you estimate the ink levels, in percent full for each cartridge, by looking at the printer ink gauge? 
  5. Is your printer connected usb, Ethernet or wireless?
  6. What is the operating system for your computer?
Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Intern
ronalds173
Message 3 of 12 (1,416 Views)

I resolved the issue, although I am not happy about it. Apparently having the printer set to automatically print 2 sided prevents it from being able to detect and print envelopes when using MS Word. When I went into the printer settings and changed the paper quality/layout to the envelope size I was using it printed the envelope. But, it also changed the 2 sided printing back to one side.
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 4 of 12 (1,394 Views)

I'm glad you are able to print your envelopes now and  I appreciate the update.  Sharing your information with the community may help someone else.  Have a nice day !  :smileyhappy:

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Intern
ronalds173
Message 5 of 12 (1,379 Views)

It turns out to be a little trickier then I expected and, in my opinion, still not working correctly. When I first setup the printer I could print a document and/or envelope without having to go into the printer settings and change the size of the paper/envelope. It was apparently was done by MS Word; but it doesn't do that anymore, and I think I know why. Since you noted on your first reply that you work for HP and I am hoping you can help me with this issue.

I am using Windows Vista. When I go into the Control Panel and open the Printers folder I see the HP 7520 listed 3 times: once as a Fax, the second times as "HP Photosmart 7520 series (Network)" and the third time, which appears as the default, as "HP54C26C (HP Photosmart 7520 series)."

On my desktop is a picture of the printer. When I click on it a box opens noting that "You have two or more of the same printer connected. Please select one" The options to select from are the same as the last 2 I noted above.

I suspect that it shouldn't be installed this way which, in turn, may be causing the printer to not select the correct paper size, etc. when using a program like MS Word. I vaguely recall having some kind of issue with the printer a while ago and reinstalling the software; but I can't remember for sure if I deleted the original installation or not. However, I would think that even if I didn't uninstall the original installation it would have installed the second time OVER the original installation? I  have other computers, (using Windows 7 and XP), that I installed this same software on and it doesn't appear the same way as on the Vista computer.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 6 of 12 (1,368 Views)

MS Word

MS Word should save the envelope size.  In the version of Word that I use, there is a repair option.  You might check and see if you have that option.  Here is how I got to it: 

Control Panel  |  Uninstall a Program  |  MS Office (right click)  |  Change (left click)  |  Repair

You can then follow the prompts.  This will repair all programs in MS Office.

Multiple Printers Listed in the Printers Folder

1. The Fax printer is there to be chosen as the printer when sending a fax directly from the computer.
  2. The Network printer is normally the default printer when the printer is connected to a network.
  3. The third printer could be a usb installed printer or it might be a second network printer that resulted from another installation.

Is there a usb cable connected to the printer?  You've been using the #3 printer and you could choose the #2 printer and see if that makes a difference.  It would surprise me if it did have a different result, but you could give it a try.

I suspect that the problem is with the MS Word program and not your installation.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Intern
ronalds173
Message 7 of 12 (1,349 Views)

I am using MS Office Professional 2007. I did what you suggested but it didn't seem to make a difference. However, I went back again and it suddendly seemed to start working correctly. As for the "double entries" it appears that, as you said, one for the fax, which I unsuccessfully attempted to setup, and the other is for both the printer and scanner. I still feel that there is something wrong regarding the double entries because it only appears once on each of the other 2 computers I installed the software on so that I could use them all with this printer. (The printer is installed wireless for all computers.

Thanks again for all your assistance with this!
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 8 of 12 (1,346 Views)

You are welcome and I'm glad to hear of your improved conditions.  You could always remove one of the printers from your printer folder if that is bothering you.  I tend to be reluctant to delete printers when everything is working.

If you need help with faxing, let me know.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Student
jmaeey
Message 9 of 12 (1,149 Views)

I have tried all the printing orientations, but it always prints on the vertical end instead of horizontal.

I am trying to use a company logo.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 10 of 12 (1,137 Views)

Hi jmaeey,

I would like to help you with the task you are trying to complete. Click on Printing tips: Learn how to print envelopes.

If you can post back with a few more specifics as well, such as the program you are printing from and the operating system you have I will be able to provide you with more detailed troubleshooting steps. Do you have a Mac or a Windows and which version do you have?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation