Question

Honor Student
alejandro19
Message 1 of 7 (4,850 Views)

HP Photosmart 7525 not printing black ink 564XL

I just replaced all of the ink cartridges and when printing the ink level status the black ink 564XL does ont show status or shows blank.  All the other colors show full.  I teid putting the original cartridge and a different replacement cartridge but still the printer will not copy or print from a Word or PDF document's black color. 

With WORD documents I can change the font color to Blue and are able to print the document in blue.  However when I switch the font back to Black the page does not print.    I can try to be OK with printing Word documents in blue.  However I cannot change the font colors to blue in PDF documents.  

Has anyone seen this before and/or know what's required to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Honor Student
alejandro19
Message 2 of 7 (4,839 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7525 not printing black ink 564XL

In case it matters, the printer display shows full status for all colors. The print out of the color status is what is showing the black color (next to yellow) empty or blank.

Thanks again for your help.
Teacher
vthapa
Message 3 of 7 (4,813 Views)

Navigate to Setup > Tools and try cleaning the Print head or cartridges and also try to align the Printer after cleaning the Print head.
Top Student
nellyb
Message 4 of 7 (4,799 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have been fighting the "black ink won't print" problem for a couple of years nowon my HP Officejet 6500.  Think it's basically the same design as the 7525.  Different fixes have worked at diff. times for me. 

I've been able to get it to work several  times by using the "clean the printheads" fix in the HP Solution Center. 

When that didn't work, I've dry cleaned the printhead:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01661383

If that didn't work I've completely taken the printhead out and soaked it in warm water, dried and reinstalled it.  

Yesterday, the problem came up again - usual fixes didn't work, thought maybe was just low on ink.  Nope. $38 new XL ink cartridge - didn't fix it.  Called HP tech support today... I was told it's because the printhead needs to be replaced.. this is the part that holds the ink cartridges that I have been manually cleaning.  Tech said it needs to be replaced, like tires on a car need to be replaced.  Said it would be approx. $68.

Seems maybe I've babied it for as long as possible.  Time to make a change.   Good luck!

Top Student
nellyb
Message 5 of 7 (4,798 Views)

And - I tried to "clean the print heads"  too - just in case that might work.  Nope. Just wasted a bunch of colored ink.  Have always liked HP printers, but I think I'm done.

Student
manuelc123
Message 6 of 7 (4,544 Views)

Three weeks ago I bought a HP 7525 at Cosco. It never worked as it should. Installing was easy and tests came out well, but after two weeks of work, the printer will start printing color images (no photos) in very bad quality. I changed some cartridges, to no avail. It is just frustraiting and impossible to fix. I never had this kind of problems with HP printers, but I'm very dissapointed now. In addition, the menu seems to be too oriented to market you things in a very annoying way, which shows how much rispect HP has for its customers..

I need to try now other brands.

Top Student
nellyb
Message 7 of 7 (4,538 Views)

Update - I paid $40 for a new printhead.  Didn't work - black still doesn't print.   After years of being an HP fan, I bought an Epson.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation