Question

Honor Student
Almightyzappa
Message 1 of 5 (1,092 Views)

HP Photosmart 8150, Windows 8, Showing offline

My printer was working fine in windows 7. Installed automatically with no issues. It installed and shows "no problems" in windows 8 but it is offline. I've rebooted the printer. Tried other USB ports. I've completely removed the drivers from the system and reinstalled.

I also downloaded the HP driver wizard they recommend for windows 7 and 8. It does not work. I've also tried the repair doctor as well. That finds no issues as well.

Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (1,089 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 8150, Windows 8, Showing offline

Hi,

Try updating the driver as following and check if that may help:

1. Go to Devices and Printers and click Add Printer.
  2. Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
  3. Select the last option, add a local printer and click Next.
  4. Select the USB port (e.g Virtual Printer USB, USB001, etc.) and ciick Next.
  5. Click the Windows Update button and allow several minutes till the update completes and the list re-appear on the screen.
  6. Select HP and select the Photosmart 8100 Series from the list from the list.
  7. Follow the steps to complete the wizard and try printing using the newly created print queue.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Almightyzappa
Message 3 of 5 (1,089 Views)

This does install the printer and the printer is showing online, but anything that tried to print shows "error" and is stuck in the queue. Also the icon on my taskbar shows 2 items pending to print but nothing in the queue. I restarted the spool server and check the spool folder and I don't see anything in there.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 5 (1,085 Views)

Ok,

Turn the printer Off and reboot the PC.

Remove any pending document you may see within any listed print queue.

Right click any exsiting Photosmart 8100 icon and select Remove Device.

Left click any listed printer icon once (e.g. the Fax printer) and select Print Server Properties from the top menu.

Go to the drivers tab and remove any esisting listing of the printer by selecting the 2nd option to remove both the driver and driver package.

Once there is no longer existing icon of the printer repeat the same steps listed in my previous post and check if that may resolve the problem.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
kess27
Message 5 of 5 (632 Views)

new computer, windows 8 installed. Connected to wireless HP printer C7280. When printer first installed it functioned ok; later went offline. Printer network configuration has eveerything ok including the correct IP.

How can I get back online?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation