10-08-2013 04:23 PM
HP Photosmart C3180 - won't print. Windows Vista Home. Compaq Laptop Presario V6000.
This has been working well for about 4 years. I have been very happy with the print quality.
About two weeks ago, it started to make a lot of noise on start up, but continued to print well.
Yesterday, I clicked print, to print several copies of a word processor document, then decided it was wrong. So pressed the error button on my All-in-one to stop it. Then I opened the printer folder in my control panel & deleted the document.
Since then it will not print. Not even a test page.
When I turn the device on it feeds the paper in, until it sticks out about 5cm, then stops & does nothing else. It is as though the paper feed is out of sync.
It has stopped making the grinding noises it has made for the last 2 weeks or so.
I can scan documents into the computer, but cannot create a "photocopy".
I have tried unplugging the device from the mains & the computer & restarting everything, all to no avail.
I am a teacher & need to get this working asap, please.
10-09-2013 05:16 AM
Download and run HP Print and Scan Dr utility from link below.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)