08-11-2012 06:27 PM
I have an HP Photosmart C4480 that has worked great for 1.5 years. Documents & Photos print fine. Now, sometimes it goes into a "very slow print" mode where one page or photo takes 10 minutes or more to print. The print quality is still basically ok. I have replaced cartridges and used the "clean print head" utility. I am using only new HP print cartridges, but sometimes the printer display says "incompatible cartridge". If I remove and replace the cartridge a couple of times this usually goes away. Has anyone else experienced this?
08-29-2012 06:56 PM
Slow printing can be caused by complex print jobs, or there could be a more serious problem. This document should help you determine if the printer or the software is the probelm. As for the cartridge error, there might be some ink on the contacts inside the printer. Clean the contacts with water and a quetip the next time it happens. Let me know what happens.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series