Question

Honor Student
Washy
Message 1 of 8 (1,777 Views)

HP Photosmart C6180 printer Ink System Failure error code Oxc18a0206. What part do I need?

I have an HP Photosmart C6180 printer with an Ink System Failure error code Oxc18a0206.  I followed the troubleshooting steps but did not solve the problem.  It stated that if it did not work that I might need servicing.  I rec'd this printer second hand and is no longer under warranty.  Can I repair it myself?  If so, what part do I need and what are the instructions?  If not, are there any authorized HP service and repair "shops" that I can bring it to to get fixed?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 8 (1,755 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 printer Ink System Failure error code Oxc18a0206. What part do I need?

When your printer gets an alphanumeric code error it usually means that you have a hardware issue.  I am including a document that may assist.  Hp doesn't have repair centers, but you might find a local shop that may take a look at it.  Let me know it goes.

Alphanumeric Code Error

Honor Student
Washy
Message 3 of 8 (1,731 Views)

HP Photosmart C6180 printer Ink System Failure error code Oxc18a0206. What part do I need?

Hi Gary,  I appreciate the assist but these are the exact troubleshooting steps that I followed but failed to solve the problem.  Hence the reason for my query as to what I need to do to fix it.  I tried calling Staples and Best Buy but they don't service printers.  I suppose my next step is to trash this printer and buy a new one.  Thanks again, Washy

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 8 (1,718 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 printer Ink System Failure error code Oxc18a0206. What part do I need?

The next step would be to replace unit.  If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call. HP Technical Support Case Call Form: https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/phoneInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082

If you are not in warranty and consider purchasing another Hp call and ask about the upgrade program you might be eligible for a printer at discounted price.

Honor Student
Washy
Message 5 of 8 (1,712 Views)

I suppose you're right but somebody must have had this same problem and had it fixed.  If I can repair it myself I would.  I just need to know what the part is and how to replace it . .  unless of course the part cost more than the printer is worth.  It's not under warranty anymore and I'm trying to work on a budget.  I'm already out 50 bucks because I replaced all the ink cartridges thinking the problem was low ink levels.  This is before I trouble shooted.  Does anyone know if HP still sells printers that take the 02 ink cartridges?  Thanks again for chatting.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 8 (1,687 Views)

The printers that take 02 cartridges can be seen by selecting the link below and selecting compatible printers.  It doesn't look like Hp still sells printers that take 02 cartridges.

Ink Cartridges

Honor Student
Washy
Message 7 of 8 (1,672 Views)

Yes, I'm beginning to think such beasts no longer exist and it's time for me to move on.  Thanks again for your assistance.

Student
dakano
Message 8 of 8 (844 Views)

Washy wrote:

I have an HP Photosmart C6180 printer with an Ink System Failure error code Oxc18a0206.  I followed the troubleshooting steps but did not solve the problem.  It stated that if it did not work that I might need servicing.  I rec'd this printer second hand and is no longer under warranty.  Can I repair it myself?  If so, what part do I need and what are the instructions?  If not, are there any authorized HP service and repair "shops" that I can bring it to to get fixed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation