HP Photosmart C6380 won't pring 5x8 cards (246 Views)
Honor Student
lightstepper
Message 1 of 5 (246 Views)

HP Photosmart C6380 won't pring 5x8 cards

I'm running Windows 7 home premium.  My Photosmart C6380 printer suddenly won't print on 5x8 cards.  I have printed these many times in the past with no problem.  The printer will print the same file on an 8/5x11 sheet of paper with no problem.  I've tried being careful about not pushing the card into the main printer tray too far, but it still won't print.  The printer is making some slight squeaking noises and sounds like it's printing, but the card comes out blank.  I'm printing "black ink only" and have newly replaced both the regular black and the photo black cartridges.

Grad Student
aks3621
Message 2 of 5 (232 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6380 won't pring 5x8 cards

Hi,

Thank you for posting. Please make sure that you are selecting the correct paper size in the application from which you are trying to print.

At your help an employee of HP.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

Honor Student
lightstepper
Message 3 of 5 (230 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6380 won't print 5x8 cards

Yes, I have selected 5x8 index card in Word as well as in the printer set-up, but still get a blank card as a result. 

Honor Student
lightstepper
Message 4 of 5 (220 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6380 won't print 5x8 cards

I solved this one myself by re-setting the printer.  I unplugged the power cord from the printer and also from the power source.  Waited about 30 seconds and then plugged it all back in.  problem solved!  Kudos to myself.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 5 (189 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6380 won't pring 5x8 cards

lightstepper,

Thank you for posting the steps that worked for you! I am sure it will help others in the community with similar issues. Let us know if you run into any additional problems, Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation