01-15-2013 08:11 PM
I'm running Windows 7 home premium. My Photosmart C6380 printer suddenly won't print on 5x8 cards. I have printed these many times in the past with no problem. The printer will print the same file on an 8/5x11 sheet of paper with no problem. I've tried being careful about not pushing the card into the main printer tray too far, but it still won't print. The printer is making some slight squeaking noises and sounds like it's printing, but the card comes out blank. I'm printing "black ink only" and have newly replaced both the regular black and the photo black cartridges.
01-16-2013 10:52 AM
Thank you for posting. Please make sure that you are selecting the correct paper size in the application from which you are trying to print.
At your help an employee of HP.
**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
01-19-2013 11:17 AM
I solved this one myself by re-setting the printer. I unplugged the power cord from the printer and also from the power source. Waited about 30 seconds and then plugged it all back in. problem solved! Kudos to myself.
01-25-2013 10:43 AM
Thank you for posting the steps that worked for you! I am sure it will help others in the community with similar issues. Let us know if you run into any additional problems, Best of Luck!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)