Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer would not completely initialize. There would be clicking and the error message would appear and instruct to turn off, then on again. The same thing would occur. I went back to the internet...searched and came across this blog: Phil at Warrimoo UPDATE: HP C7280 Ink System Failure. This blog has pictures and everything! Voila, paydirt! I opened my printer, and observed the mechanisms...the gears on the printhead were not being activated i.e a little black bar was banging against the gears-thus the clacking noise. Problem: the little white gear wheel had fallen from the little black bar! I search around the bottom of the printer, found the gear, and replaced it. I turned the printer off and turned it on again. It initialized completely, no error messages and it was quieter than ever! I was able to print and check all the printer services: alignment, ink levels, test page, diagnostic test etc. The printer is functioning GREAT! This little blog might be beneficial in restoring my trust in the HP printer. Too, I think this might be the answer to some of the other Ink System Failure errors. It is worth a try. It worked for me after so many other fails!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.