12-10-2012 10:30 AM
- All user menu settings to default
- All telephony parameter values to default
- Initiate select country and language UI
- Clear fax memory
Here is a link to do a partial reset, it is a general guide. The first reset listed where one presses the "3" and "#" buttons on the printers keypad in the listed instructions in the above link is the one that you will need to use. If after that reset you are still having the issue, one would be looking at product replacement.
01-08-2013 12:35 PM
I did as stated here and this printer C7280 lite up light a christmas...and now improper shutdown.
now says carriage jam...makes a terrible sound when it does reset...all new inks everything done and still doesn't work
also this turns itself on at night and all lights flash....throw out and get new???
01-08-2013 01:16 PM
01-08-2013 09:30 PM
I never completely got rid of the error message. So I would turn it off and ONLY turn it on when I needed to print something. It would start up, print out my documents just fine, then within about 10 minutes I would get the error message again so I would just turn it off. Finally got tired of that and contacted HP and got a replacement Office Jet Pro 8600 Premium at a reduced price. They took good care of me and the printer is working great. The old one is awaiting my decision to recycle or maybe launch into space. I'm thinking let some alien figure out what to do with it.
01-09-2013 11:00 AM
01-11-2013 07:24 AM
01-11-2013 07:37 AM
02-10-2013 12:46 PM
problems started after recent powerl failures. "ink system failure" and one other error message which I can't recall. Reinstall printer software? Reset the printer? Help!
02-13-2013 03:20 PM - edited 02-13-2013 03:20 PM
When your printer gets an alphanumeric code error it usually means that you have a hardware issue. I am including a document that may assist.
Let me know how it goes.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)