Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ink system.....0035 error? 

HP Recommended

MBD15,

What are you asking?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Sorry I was distracted. I have tried ever reset etc. I never had the error until after storing my computers which relocating to another state. The printer was in the original box in storage for 6 months. When I set my office up again it had a mind of its on. There have been times the error dosent show for an hr or so other times within just a few minutes after turning it on. I have replaced ink cart and multiple resets only to have a repeat of thr 0035 error. HP has been no help at all. This is the my 3rd HP printer and I am losing faith in them.

A blog I have run across says its has something to do with the board but I am not electronic savy. Others say to clean printer heads both manually and thru the system prompts. When I do this it seems to work longer before reverting back. I am now getting another error saying two ink carts are out of warrantee? The printer does print great and quickly when working. I like the size for my office. What I DON'T like is it uses way to much ink. I wonder could replacing all new carts help? The MANY techs I have spoke too say it will be a waste of $.?  MBD15 

HP Recommended

Normally this error is related to an "Ink System Failure". Most of the time it is related to the print heads, but sometimes it can be an actual issue with the printer. To me it sounds mostly like a print head issue, especially since you said that it resumes working for a while after cleaning them. I'm honestly surprised that it even lets you do that, most of the time you can't bypass that error message. 

Do you know if the printer is still warranty?

Another thing to check is the warranty on the print heads. If you remove the print heads, you should check the date on them. They have a separate warranty from the printer.

Check those two things and get back to me with that information. If it is warranty, I would call HP and have the printer or print heads replaced.

If it's not in warranty, you will want to weigh you options. The cost of replacement print heads vs. a new printer. In a situation like this, I would almost always recommend a new printer. There is always the possibility that the print heads won't fix the issue. Then you are out the money that you just spent on the print heads, unless you can return them. Also, with a new printer, you will get all new cartridges, plus a factory one year warranty.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it!

Best of luck,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I believe I purchased the machine 2010. I did chk the warrantee and it is out and the machine was built late 2008 according the specs. 

So today I started the day the same turned printer on ran clean print heads and the began to print. The printer do a great and fast job. After I am finished printing I leave the machine on in idle mode lights on. After 1hr 15 mins it makes its chime sound and goes into the error message. This in the past has given the message after 15 or so it varies.  As long as I am printing it does fine but if I have very much time between prints ...then the error mode. Do you have any ideas?

MBD15  

HP Recommended

I'm going to go ahead and send you a private message with some steps to try. They are the steps to perform a couple of resets on the printer. Report back in this thread and let me know if they resolve your issue.

Signature
HP Recommended

Thank you. I have done the 123 code and the *6 

HP Recommended

Nevermind, It just read back a few posts and I believe you mentioned that you have already tried all the resets. I'm assuming that means you have tried the partial and semi-full reset, is that correct?

Signature
HP Recommended

I have done both the resets in the menu is that what you are asking? Also the two mentioned earlier

HP Recommended

I scanned through the thread and didn't see them mentioned. I'm going to go ahead and private message them to you anyway and you can let me know if you have tried them or not. 

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.