Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart D110 is used wirelessly by 3 devices. 1) e-Machine Windows XP, 2)HP 2000 Notebook Windows 8, 3) Acer Laptop Windows 7.  The printer can receive and print documents from all 3 computers but often the printer will be in an "offline" state (with no change requested or intended).  When this happens it is very difficult to get the printer to go back to online status.  I can't find any positive action to place the printer in an online status. I have checked printer properties on all 3 computer and none are set to "use printer offline".  After an interminal amount of looking & clicking I find the printer is now online and working.  However, I have no idea what I did to cause it to work.  I'm not sure if I have an installation CD for the printer anymore so I'm reluctant to delete it and try to reinstall. It is very frustration because I can never count on the printer being available for printing. Can you offer any help?  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi HWPE,

Welcome to the HP Forums! Smiley Happy

I see that your HP Photosmart D110 is always offline.

I would recommend to go through this guide. Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

Hope this helps, and have a great day! Smiley Happy 

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thank you for you reply and suggested actions.  Currently my printer is working (I got it going before I received your reply) but I will apply your suggested actions when it occurs again.  I do have a circumstance that I didn't mention which might have a bearing on my situation. I recently replaced my router and in the process of entering my SSID I accidentally dropped one character (a "-") from my original network name. I left it as the "new" name and re-set my 2 laptops to connect to the "new" wireless network.  When setting up my wireless printer I used the new network name as well.  I also have a wireless range extender that I set to the new network as well. Everything worked ok until I went to the inevitable "offline" status. Like I say, I do get it working after numerous attempts of powering off, reentering the WPA passkey, etc.  When I print a Wireless Network Test Report there is a statement that says 

"More than one access point/wireless router has been found that matches your wireless network name

(SSID). If this is not intended, your HP printer may connect to the wrong wireless network." 

I only have the one wireless network (to my knowledge) and it is the newer name (minus the "-").  Could the wireless extender be broadcasting the old wireless name? Is that even possible?

The report shows my current  SSID (which is the one I want) but also indicates there were 7 other Wireless Networks Detected.  My laptop only shows 3 wireless networks (one is mine, the 2nd is my guess network that I've never confgured and the 3rd is my neighbor).

Do you see anything in this that would explain the sporatic nature of the problem?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi HWPE,

Thank you for your reply! :generic:

I believe the problem could be with your guest network, I would recommend contacting your router manufacturer, and ask them to delete the guest network or how to delete the guest network.

Hope this helps, and have a great day! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.