Question

Honor Student
tampafitz
Message 1 of 3 (420 Views)

HP Photosmart D7460 error message

HP Photosmart D7460 is giving me an error message of Oxc18a0206. What does this mean? Unit has not been used in 4 months.. New ink cartridges were installed. Entire message says "ink system has failed unable to print. Refer to printer documentation Error Oxc18a0206. Turn power off then on again". I have turned off and on. I have removed paper and reinstalled. I have pulled cables from back and reconnected. Printer worked great then sat for 4 months now will not print. Please help!!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 3 (408 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart D7460 error message

tampafitz,

This article should help resolve the error you are getting:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03081973&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Give the steps a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
tampafitz
Message 3 of 3 (404 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart D7460 error message

I did everything and still have the same error message. Do you think it could be old ink. I put new cartidges in but not sure how old they are. I also didn't know if I should take plastic off ink heads. They are little round plastic pieces and old cartridges some had on some didn't. This was my husbands computer and printer and he passed away almost 5 months ago. I just started the computer up and am trying to get the printer to print. He had generic ink cartridges, should I try HP ink? Anything thoughts would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation