09-23-2012 08:35 AM
HP Photosmart D7460 is giving me an error message of Oxc18a0206. What does this mean? Unit has not been used in 4 months.. New ink cartridges were installed. Entire message says "ink system has failed unable to print. Refer to printer documentation Error Oxc18a0206. Turn power off then on again". I have turned off and on. I have removed paper and reinstalled. I have pulled cables from back and reconnected. Printer worked great then sat for 4 months now will not print. Please help!!
09-24-2012 11:56 AM
This article should help resolve the error you are getting:
Give the steps a try and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
09-25-2012 04:37 PM
I did everything and still have the same error message. Do you think it could be old ink. I put new cartidges in but not sure how old they are. I also didn't know if I should take plastic off ink heads. They are little round plastic pieces and old cartridges some had on some didn't. This was my husbands computer and printer and he passed away almost 5 months ago. I just started the computer up and am trying to get the printer to print. He had generic ink cartridges, should I try HP ink? Anything thoughts would be appreciated.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)