Question

Honor Student
HillieHopp
Message 1 of 3 (446 Views)

HP Photosmart ERROR message: Scan failure, unable to copy or scan. How can I resolve this??

Hi, I have a HP Photosmart C4640 Print, Copy, Scan system with the error message reading "Scan failure, unable to copy or scan".  I use Windows 7 System.  I have unplugged it and plugged it back in, turned it on and off multiple times, changed the black ink (the color one is very low), as well as uninstall and reinstall the printer and check for updates.  What else is there for me to do??? 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 3 (418 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart ERROR message: Scan failure, unable to copy or scan. How can I resolve this??

There is one last reset that you can try.  I'll have to send you the steps via private message.  If that reset doesn't work, you will need to replace the printer.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
HillieHopp
Message 3 of 3 (415 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart ERROR message: Scan failure, unable to copy or scan. How can I resolve this??

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply. You can send the reply in private message  I will let you know how it turns out.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation