09-14-2012 07:36 PM
Hi, I have a HP Photosmart C4640 Print, Copy, Scan system with the error message reading "Scan failure, unable to copy or scan". I use Windows 7 System. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in, turned it on and off multiple times, changed the black ink (the color one is very low), as well as uninstall and reinstall the printer and check for updates. What else is there for me to do???
09-18-2012 07:02 PM
There is one last reset that you can try. I'll have to send you the steps via private message. If that reset doesn't work, you will need to replace the printer. Let me know what happens.
09-19-2012 07:08 AM - edited 09-19-2012 07:10 AM
Thank you for your reply. You can send the reply in private message I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)