Question

Honor Student
Aaaaagh
Message 1 of 8 (1,318 Views)

HP Photosmart Plus B210a - Touch screen blank and no power or wi-fi light

It seems as though the light source to the front of my printer has stopped working.  The touchscreen is therefore blank and there is no light showing around the power button or to indicate that wi-fi is on.  There is still power to the printer and it still works if I send a print.  However without the touchscreen I can't scan, photocopy or use any of the other functions.

Has anyone come across this problem before?  Is there a part that can be replaced to get the printer fully-functioning again?

It seems such a waste to have to replace the whole printer but it's of limited use in its current state.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Btw it's less than 2y old but, of course, outside the warranty period!

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 8 (1,305 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus B210a - Touch screen blank and no power or wi-fi light

I am including a document below that will assist you with your issue with the screen.  If the steps in the document don’t resolve your issue then you will have to consider replacement options.

Touchscreen

Let me know how it goes.

Honor Student
Aaaaagh
Message 3 of 8 (1,301 Views)

Thanks for responding. 

It seems either I'm not seeing something relevant in this link or maybe you've misunderstood the nature of the problem.

There doesn't seem to be an issue with the power given that the printer still prints.  However the touchscreen isn't working (i.e. it's blank and in addition there is no light around the power button and no light showing for the wi-fi signal), so I can't use the other functions (copy, scan etc).  That's why I thought maybe there is a light source, that powers the screen and the lights on the front of printer, that has expired.  And if so, I'm wondering if it can be replaced?

Any other ideas?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 8 (1,292 Views)

I understand your issue the document above addressed a possible reason for your screen not working.   A couple of things I wanted to make sure do you have the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet?  The last thing I would do is try a hard reset on the printer.  The steps for a hard reset are below.  Also, the touchscreen is not a replaceable part.

1.       With the printer powered on unplug the printer from wall outlet.

2.       Wait 30 seconds.

3.       Plug power cord back into wall outlet.

Honor Student
Aaaaagh
Message 5 of 8 (1,283 Views)

Hi again,

The printer was plugged in through a power bar so I've tried following your steps and plugging it in directly at the wall.  Sadly makes no difference so I guess we have to buy a new printer.

We've been pretty pleased with the printer when it was working but are very unhappy that it's failed after less than 2 years.  What a waste of time, money and resources!

We'll be taking a close look at other manufacturers and their reliability track record before making another purchase.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 8 (1,280 Views)

If you consider Hp try contacting Hp Support at this number 1-800-474-6836 and ask about the upgrade program.  The upgrade program allows you to get a printer at a discounted price since you already have an Hp printer.

Honor Student
Aaaaagh
Message 7 of 8 (1,273 Views)

Thanks.  May be worth looking into to.  Do  you know if this scheme operates in the UK and if so what the contact number is?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 8 of 8 (1,263 Views)

I am not sure if it works the same in the UK.   I would give them a call an see if its available.  

Contact Hp

Let me know how it goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation