HP Photosmart Prem C410 series will not print black (2216 Views)
Top Student
groundpounder
Message 1 of 6 (2,216 Views)

HP Photosmart Prem C410 series will not print black

The old cartridge had ink left, but my pages hhad no black. I replaced with brand new cartridges, tried alignment, alignment failed multi times, went to default *#123 and had go thru iintialization all over agin, same results. Went in clean the print head sponge, and then took out all cartridges and put them back in several times,

I have tried to put it in BEST quality and print pages with black text only, text that is BOLD is very very faint like it is the photo black, no black ink at all, pages are blank. Printer has bene working great.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 6 (2,184 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Prem C410 series will not print black

[ Edited ]

Hi groundpounder,

I'd like to help.  Can you answer some questions?

1. Is the Model # for your printer C410a, b, c, d or e?
  2. What are your ink levels for all cartridges (according to the printer)?
  3. Have you ran the Clean Cartridges utility under Tools on the printer?  I suggest that you run it up to three times.  Is there any change after doing this?
  4. Do the other colors print ok?
Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
groundpounder
Message 3 of 6 (2,173 Views)

I'd like to help.  Can you answer some question?

1. Is the Model # for your printer C410a, b, c, d or e?

2. What are your ink levels for all cartridges (according to the printer)?

almost full, both blacks are new

3. Have you ran the Clean Cartridges utility under Tools on the printer?  I suggest that you run it up to three times.  Is there any change after doing this?

Done it several times, even tried to print a black only doc for 40 pages, bith sides

4. Do the other colors print ok?

Yes!

A click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.................................

I actually got it working, I took the Ink Carts out, took Acholol and Q-tips and clean the screen beneath each cart, as well as the cleaning sponge and area around the sponge, I took a razor blade and cleaned the Vents on each cart, put back in, let sit overnite and then ran an alignment and print and all is fine.

Thanks for your reply

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 4 of 6 (2,163 Views)

That's great news and I appreciate the update.  Let me know if I can do anything else to help you.  Have a good day !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Student
pixiefinn
Message 5 of 6 (1,899 Views)

I have replaced all ink cartridges aligned about 4 times cleaned print heads at least 5 times,...but will not copy or print. Ink levels show fine excpet photo black. I have replaced 2 times since new levels do not show up, This worked perfectly all morning and then just stopped. Say failed align each time too.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 6 of 6 (1,870 Views)

@Pixefinn-  I would first do a manual cleaning of the contacts on the cartridges as shown here in solution 3 of this document. Sometimes buildup on the cartridges and the contacts inside the printhead can keep it from performing properly and also cause the machine to produce false error messages. After you have done the manual cleaning and have reinstalled the cartridges, I would run the printhead cleaning utility again. 

If after you have completed that process, you find that you are still getting the error message, I would look at the document below.  It will address the error message that you mentioned in your post and provide troubleshooting steps to try in an attempt to clear it from the printer. 

Alignment Failed

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation