Question

Student
BennieNL
Message 1 of 5 (1,265 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium C310 printing blank pages

Dear users,

My Photosmart printer is printing blank pages again. I had this problem a while back. Buying a new black cartridge seemed to solve it. After i emptied the new cartridge out in one day, i put in another one. Now after printing one page its gone back to printing white. The printerhead is moving like it should and everything seems fine.

These are the details:

• No ink in photo black, yellow, magenta or pink.
  • full regular black cartridge
  • selected mode - Print in grayscale -> use black ink only
  • already tried reinstalling drivers 10 times
  • both ePrint and normal printing give these problems

Help?

Thanks!

Grad Student
aks3621
Message 2 of 5 (1,255 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium C310 printing blank pages

Hi,

Thank you for posting. In the scenario mentioned above I would first want to ask you to try making a copy on the machine. Also please try using the printer with all the cartridges installed in it. And after all those the steps in the link below are always there.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892627&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Please do reply back in case you need any further assistance.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

Student
Bryn1
Message 3 of 5 (1,243 Views)

Okay,

I tried all of your tips. But it still doesnt work. 

To be clear; i have cartridges in all the slots, only the ones ive named in my first post have no ink in it.

When i print, i always select the "grayscale-> use black ink only" setting, this should bypass the "color printing". I tried copying, this gave me another blank page.

Printed the testpage like suggested in the troubleshooter, de page came out in very poor in quality. This usually happens. If i would print another testpage, it would come out blank aswell.

Student
vwtalbert
Message 4 of 5 (1,090 Views)

I am having the same problem, did you ever find a solution?

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 5 of 5 (1,068 Views)

@vwtalbert - which printer do you have (the Photosmart C310 I assume)?   You can select to print in grayscale but it will still try to use the other colors to create a fuller black text.  I recommend replenishing any empty ink cartridges.

Go into the Setup menu on the printer and under Tools, print a Printer Status Report.  Do you see black text when it prints the ink levels?  What are your ink levels at, based on an estimated percentage?

--Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues--

I hope this document helps.  If not, please answer the questions above and I will be happy to help.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation