08-19-2013 08:33 AM
I recently contacted HP Premier Support for an issue regarding our LaserJet M525's. During our phone session the HP rep asked me to share screens through the HP Remote Assistance website.
HP Remote Assistance:
Unfortunetly the Remote Assistance service was blocked by my corporate proxy/firewall so we were not able to complete the screensharing. This forced us to resort to taking screenshots and emailing back and forth until the problem was resolved.
Does anyone have access or know the system requirements to allow communication with the Remote Assistance servce? I'd like to collect that information and pass it along to our Network Admins to allow this service to work in the future. The HP rep that I spoke with had no idea how to assist me in this area.
Ideally I would like confirmation on a list of port numbers, IP Addresses or website domains that we can set up exceptions for.
PS- This thread has been moved from Feedback and Suggestions to Multifunction and All-in-One category- Forum Moderator
My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
08-20-2013 06:09 AM
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)