08-19-2013 08:33 AM
I recently contacted HP Premier Support for an issue regarding our LaserJet M525's. During our phone session the HP rep asked me to share screens through the HP Remote Assistance website.
HP Remote Assistance:
Unfortunetly the Remote Assistance service was blocked by my corporate proxy/firewall so we were not able to complete the screensharing. This forced us to resort to taking screenshots and emailing back and forth until the problem was resolved.
Does anyone have access or know the system requirements to allow communication with the Remote Assistance servce? I'd like to collect that information and pass it along to our Network Admins to allow this service to work in the future. The HP rep that I spoke with had no idea how to assist me in this area.
Ideally I would like confirmation on a list of port numbers, IP Addresses or website domains that we can set up exceptions for.
PS- This thread has been moved from Feedback and Suggestions to Multifunction and All-in-One category- Forum Moderator
My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
08-20-2013 06:09 AM
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series