HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-09-2013 08:36 AM
I have HP photosmart 6510 All in 1printer -B211a.
It goes through all the motions of printing or copying but the page is blank. This is what I have tried to do to correct problem: I installed new cartridge of black ink in printer according to directions, have removed it and reinstalled it x2 and still page is blank.
Thanks for your help
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-09-2013 08:44 AM
Depending on which Windows operation system you are in, there are different steps to choose from. Most likely you will need to reset your printer.
Follow the steps listed in this document to reset your printer and see if this helps. Let me know if this step or any of the other steps don't work.
I am employed by HP
01-09-2013 08:48 AM
Hi Janemo, I work for HP and might be able to help you. I see you have installed a new black cartridge already and again reinstalled it twice again but still no luck. There are a few other tasks we can do to try and fix this.
Since you have already tried the cartridges, maybe now we can try to "reset" your printer.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the printer.
NOTE: Pressing the Power button might not turn off the printer. This might happen if the printer is in an error state. Continue with these steps regardless.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.Figure 17: Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printerImage: Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer.Figure 18: Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printerImage: Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the printer.Figure 19: Reconnect the USB cable to the printerImage: Reconnect the USB cable to the printer.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.Figure 20: Reconnect the power cord to the printerImage: Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the printer.
- Try printing again.
- If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
- If the issue persists , continue to the next solution.Please let me know how that works - our next step will be to restart your pc but we will take this one first.:-)
01-16-2013 08:17 PM
I have a simular problem in that I can hardley see the black print. I changed to a new HP cartrige but still same result. Color printer test seems to be ok, just the black is very dim.
01-16-2013 08:21 PM
I have a very simular problem, its goes through the motion of printing but you can hardly see the print. It is very dim and I installed a new cartrige and the printer show a full ink. It prints the color test ok but never the black part.
01-17-2013 04:38 PM - edited 01-17-2013 04:38 PM
I would take a look at the document below.
Let me know how it goes.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
03-31-2013 03:55 PM
I tried all the fixes new driver , change ink cartrage, clean heads, align heads (no good no black ink to align with)
I used HP printers for the past 20 years this is the only one that failed me34
07-22-2013 07:50 PM
I have replaced my ink cartridges twice. Will print in color, but black is very dim. I have tried some of the solutions- unplugging power source and USB, but no luck. Any other suggestions??
07-23-2013 09:11 AM
You could try running the clean printhead utility up to 3 times. Click Here If that doesn't help, you can follow the other steps in the link. Let me know how it goes.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____