Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a photosmart 6510 and it won't print black.  I have done ALL the recommended cleaning - still not printing.  My color cartridges are low -- would that prevent the black from printing?

HP Recommended

none of the solutions fixed the problem. i was so disappointed in hp products that i pitched the printer in the garbage. this is not the first issue i have had with the very same printer not even counting 4 replacement printer under warranty by hp. i will never again buy anything hp. it is JUNK!

HP Recommended

After trying all the suggestions I could find, I poked a hole in the vent with a needle.  Voila, black and white printing again.

I just put the needle point up on a table and pressed the cartridge vent hole down on it until I felt it enter the cartridge. The needle tip came out black.  I inserted the cartridge and printed out a perfect test page.  This cartridge was one of three XL Black cartridges from the same pack (purchased at Costco).  Maybe HP had a batch problem?

HP Recommended

I put in a nbew black cartridge. Tried printing an e-mail but got no print. Cleaned the printheads twice and ran print quality report twice, but no black print. Pulled the power cord and then the USB, waited 30 seconds and reconnected the USB and then the power cord. Still no black print.

What's next?

HP Recommended

After a night of work, my printer stopped printing or copying.  The ink is full and it makes the noises as if printing, but nothing comes on the page.  I already changed cartridges once.  The black is the problem.  Please help if you can.  Thank you

HP Recommended

I have inserted new print cartridges, reset my printer, cleaned printer heads several times and printer is still printing blank pages.  When I check "print quality", the printed page shows all colors except black.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hi folks,

I see you are having troubles with your printed output. Please completed all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.

Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. If the issue persists, please post back with your warranty status. Use the following link to check your warranty.

If your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

* Important >  Please also include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

After all the BS with HP. With purchasing HP printers for years and only getting about a year of printing. I took the HP tossed in recycling and PURCHASED A CANNON. Problem Solved !!! No further Problems

HP Recommended

I've tried suggestions of others but cannot get my printer to print the black ink. The message i get is that the cartridges are not calibrated for best print quality. Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hi @Brendina,

I'd like to help. Please begin with the steps in the following document; Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage an...

If you complete, or have already completed all of the steps in the document above and the issue continues, my own personal recommendation, not one of HPs, is to use the solution offered in the following video.  I only suggest doing this if the printer is out of warranty; How to fix a HP Printer, not printing black ink and missing colours 

Based on the comments, it looks like this will help :smileyhappy:

@King_Zog wrote:

I tried most of the suggestions in this thread, but stopped short of disassembling the print head. Nothing worked until I saw the video referenced in Sunshyn2005's message. That did work, but not on my first try. For the second attempt, I left the wet paper towels in place for a couple of hours to really soak the print heads. That did the trick.

So, thank you Sunshyn2005, for pointing me to the solution.   - Source

Although the printer might be out of warranty, if the issue persists, HP may be able to offer you something. Maybe they can offer you a discount on an alternate model. If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If this resolves the issue, please let me know so we can help others who may be experiencing the same issue.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.