HP photosmart C309-gm prints correctly from copier/scanner but not from computer (293 Views)
Top Student
WVgriz
Message 1 of 10 (293 Views)

HP photosmart C309-gm prints correctly from copier/scanner but not from computer

I have a HP Photosmart C309-gm printer.  If I use the copier all colors print out correctly.  If I print from my computer, it only prints out in a light blue shade, light pink, or light yellow.  It will not print out any black.  I have installed all new HP ink cartridges and deleted and reloaded the drivers.  It does not matter if I print wirelessley or from a USB cord, I still get the same result.

Any suggestions?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 10 (280 Views)

Re: HP photosmart C309-gm prints correctly from copier/scanner but not from computer

Does it do this from all programs or just one program?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
WVgriz
Message 3 of 10 (275 Views)

Re: HP photosmart C309-gm prints correctly from copier/scanner but not from computer

It does it on all programs and also when I am using the internet.  The only time it prints correctly is if you use the copier.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 10 (267 Views)

That's very strange.  You may need to scrub the printer software entirely and start from scratch.  What brand of computer do you have and what OS are you using?  I want to make sure to point you to the right scrubber.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
WVgriz
Message 5 of 10 (265 Views)

I have a HP Pavillion dv6t laptop using Windows 7.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 10 (263 Views)

These steps are for HP computers only.

1. Run disk cleanup on your computer

2. Download and run the software and drivers below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-73652-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

3. Once the download is done extracting, cancel the download.

4. Click the start menu.

5. Click Run.

6. Type %temp% in the run field

7. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

8. Open folder Util

9. Open folder CCC

10. Run the L3uninstall.bat

11. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

12. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

13. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

14. Use this tool to clean the system and registry.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

15. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-73652-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

16. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Signature
Top Student
WVgriz
Message 7 of 10 (250 Views)

I went through all the steps but the printer still only prints in blue.  The copier prints normal with all colors printing.  Any other suggestions?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 10 (235 Views)

Check the print driver settings.  Specifically check the Advanced tab in the Printing Preferences to see if the HP Real Life Technologies is on or off.  

1. Click on the start menu.
  2. Click on Devices and Printers.
  3. Right-click on your printer.
  4. Select Printing Preferences.
  5. Click on the Advanced tab.
  6. If the box next to "Enable HP Real Life Technologies" is checked, then uncheck it.  If it's unchecked, check it.
  7. Click Apply.
  8. Click OK.
  9. Try to print.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
Top Student
WVgriz
Message 9 of 10 (228 Views)

Just tried your latest suggestion, it still is printing in a bluish green color. No black anywhere in sight. Copier still printing all correct colors.

Thanks

Dean

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 10 of 10 (209 Views)

There may be something wrong with the OS.  I would suggest giving tech support a call about your OS and see if they can clear what's causing the problem.  Make sure to tell them everything that you've done so far, and stress that it prints fine standalone.  Make them understand that it has to be a problem in the OS.  You can reach tech support at 1-800-474-6836 in the US and Canada, international users click here.  Let me know what they tell you.

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation