05-14-2013 09:19 AM
My HP Deskjet 6940 error reads NOT TURNED ON. It is. I unplugged every cable, replugged, and it printed one small batch just fine. Turned on computer, tried to print again today and same problem. Can't print for same reason. Printer Not Turned On. Have turned it off..and on again. No luck. I have Windows 7 and my printer has worked with this laptop for a year & 1/2..until now. HELP????
05-15-2013 05:19 PM
Sounds like you are running into some printer trouble here. What I am going to first suggest is that we remove and uninstall the printer and its software from your computer entirely, then follow the link below and install the newest software and drivers from the HP website. Choose the full-feature drivers.
Let me know how that goes and I will get right back with you!
I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series