Question

Student
iamnanapat
Message 1 of 2 (504 Views)

HP printer.. HP Deskjet 6940 won't print

My HP Deskjet 6940 error reads NOT TURNED ON.  It is.  I unplugged every cable, replugged, and it printed one small  batch just fine.  Turned on computer, tried to print again today and same problem.  Can't print for same reason.  Printer Not Turned On.  Have turned it off..and on again.  No luck.  I have Windows 7 and my printer has worked with this laptop for a year & 1/2..until now.  HELP????

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (492 Views)

Re: HP printer.. HP Deskjet 6940 won't print

Sounds like you are running into some printer trouble here. What I am going to first suggest is that we remove and uninstall the printer and its software from your computer entirely, then follow the link below and install the newest software and drivers from the HP website. Choose the full-feature drivers. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=467980

Let me know how that goes and I will get right back with you!

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here!

-Spencer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation