Question

Honor Student
ShelbyLane
Message 1 of 5 (255 Views)

HP printer offline issues

I cannot print to my HP C4100 series. The documents just pile  up in the queue and it says it's status is "offline" everything is connected properly and I've tried restarting the computer and printer, disconnecting and reconnecting, but nothing works. Please help

Honor Student
ShelbyLane
Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

Re: HP printer offline issues

Well I solved the offline issue. Now it says it's ready and now when I print it says (in the print queue) "error printing" and never prints....now what?
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 3 of 5 (217 Views)

HP printer offline issues

Which of the C4100 series printers do you have? What OS are you using? How is the printer connected to the computer? HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://goo.gl/3DAkq
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
pickysmith
Message 4 of 5 (144 Views)

My printer is "offline"""  my documents pile up in the queqe.........My wireless connection works

So frustrating....I have 5 hrs into problem shooting :smileymad: downloading "fixes"....still does not work

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 5 of 5 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry if you're getting frustrated with the documents stuck in the print queue.  I want to provide a link that discusses all of the basic steps to get your printer printing again.

--Can't Print?--

If you have done all of these steps already, I will be more than happy to help but I will need to know three very important things first before I can be of much assistance:

1. What model of printer do you have?
  2. What is the operating system of your computer?
  3. How is the printer connected?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation