Question

Honor Student
roger999
Message 1 of 9 (6,872 Views)

Have HP office jet 6500 with error 0x61011bed, need help

[ Edited ]

My HP 6500 wireless all in one as suddenly stopped printing and is making strange noises! I get a general printer error 0x61011bed and am told to check printer documentation. I do not have any printer documentation and want some help in understanding what this error means and if this is fixable by me. If I press ok to clear message, get another message that says busy and then all this noise, then it says print cancelled, more load noise and  then back to printer error. Working fine until this happened. Help!!

{Personal Information Removed}

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 9 (6,865 Views)

Re: Have HP office jet 6500 with error 0x61011bed, need help

Try the troubleshooting steps in this document.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
roger324
Message 3 of 9 (6,836 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. This did not work. I did call HP tech support and got a "free" help, my printer is out of warranty. We tried disconnecting the cord in back and then holding on button for 10 seconds and replugging, same error message. Then we tried disconnecting cord and holding # and 6 at same time. No fix. The HP tech told me I have an unfixable hardware problem and wanted me to buy an 8600 all in one to replace my current. Hard for me to believe the printer cannot be fixed!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 9 (6,809 Views)

Does the error message mention an ink system failure?

The post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
roger324
Message 5 of 9 (6,806 Views)

no, there is no reference to ink failure, only general print error reference, coded 0x61011bed

Top Student
roger324
Message 6 of 9 (6,777 Views)

I have arrived at a solution, I am buying an Epson all-in-one printer and hope I have better luck! I had called hp customer support to address the issue of the general printer error. After two minor attempts to reboot the printer, I was basically told I had an unfixable problem with the printer, it was 2 1/2 years old. I was told that it was my fault for not having bought the extended warranty at the time I purchased my printer new. Now my only solution was to buy a new hp printer and they would give me a special price on a 8600 all in one. I was told that this was basically my only option. Oh, I could buy another 6500 A model, but they(hp customer support) would not recommend this. Also, they would offer me a special price on an extended warranty. Of course, I had to make my decision right then, as this offer would probably not be available the next day. When I said I needed a day to think about it, customer service hung up. I called a local printer repair place and discussed my issue and was also told that there was nothing to do to fix the printer, it sounded like it had a build in failure time, and I had reached it. So I will try my luck with an Epson printer and hope I have a better experience.

Honor Student
sequimitesal
Message 7 of 9 (5,491 Views)

oh my goodness. this just happened to me. same message and nothing works to fix it. My printer is 3 1/2 yrs old. Glad I found your post before I went any farther trying to fix this myself! Thank you for posting.

Student
BusinessOwner
Message 8 of 9 (5,280 Views)

I am severly disappointed with my Hp 6500 printer. Tried all of the solutions available on the web and still nothing.

The printer started off as a fairly economic device but soon came to be just as the others. Now my printer is less and 2 yrs old however I purchaed from a re-seller in my country so I really dont wanna go down that road. However A little advice,

I am not speculating to any specific brand but Some printers have a print count life span. For instance 5000 or 10000 impressions and then it expires(so to speak). I could be wrong but im assuming this might be the case. I know the manufactureres would not confirm or deny this but it happened 2 times with me on epson R series printers.

So be sure to do proper research. Never thought it would happen with this HP though. Again.... Disappointed.

Honor Student
Xavierw
Message 9 of 9 (2,941 Views)

I have had the exact same experience, minus the calls to HP, which was to be my next step in this process. I am no longer confident that this will be resolved in this way, thanbks to you and a couple of others who have posted here.

I have been a long time faithful HP user but after almost EXACTLY 2 and a half years owning this printer, to have the printer suddenly shut down (and after I'd JUST bought almost $100 in new ink cartridges!!) I am dismayed and beyond disappointed with HP. If this is a design characteristic, it sucks!

I will at least TRY to call HP for assistance but if the resulting answer is I have to buy a new printer, I can assure everyone that it will NOT be an HP!

Good luck to the rest of you who are suffering thorugh this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation