05-04-2014 05:49 PM
Everything was working fine. Then tried to print something using my Laptop (Windows Vista) and keep getting error message on printer that says ERROR Insufficient memory PCL XL ERROR
I press ok, printer initializes, tries to print, and same thing happens again and again.
Turned off printer, on same.
Can print from IPHONE.
Nothing in manual about this error. Nothing regarding memory.
05-06-2014 06:04 AM
The 'insufficient memory' error probably implies that the (Vista) PCL6 printer driver has generated some print commands (e.g. for images) which the the printer is unable to fully process.
The error will keep on repeating because the spooler on the laptop will try sending the queued job again (since it did not recieve a 'success' response for the original print), and so on, and so on ...
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)