Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have 8600 plus less than a year old.  Anytime I have tried to print photos i get horizontal lines.  They happen as the photo paper is advanced while printing.  It has done it with 2 different computers, usb and wireless printing, and scanning.  Just seems to be the photos, documents are fine. When I print documents it advances the paper continuously, photos it has a pause.  It pauses 9 times and has nine horizontal lines across the photos.  HP has sent me a new print head, even another printer and it does the same.  Does anyone have any ideas we may have missed?  The computers have been windows vista 32 bit and windows 7 64 bit.  I thought USB cable did same with wireless.  HMMMM.  Any help and ideas would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
I responded on the color banding thread located here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Hi Jason,

Thank you for responding. I had an idea last night and confirmed it this morning. I did figure out the photo printing problem. It was very simple and how silly of me. I did not change the paper setting to HP premium plus paper. That was the printing problem. Now I have another issue, It will only pick up one sheet of photo paper then I have to take the next one out and it will pickup the next sheet. I tried to turn the next sheet around; it still would not pick up the photo paper, yes its the glossy stuff. Coincidence that it will pick up every other sheet but not the next one even if I turn it around?
HP Recommended

Try printing or running 50 to 100 pages of blank plain medias. You may also try setting the media type to "Cardstock".

HP Recommended

Hello Jason & snwctchr,

I have had the same problem with 2 HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus Printers.

The store that I purchased it from exchanged the first unit after a week. The replacement printer worked fine from Dec 2012 to October 2013. Now it has the 9 lines running vertical. I asked at the store where i purchased it what a solution might be. Being that I purchased an extended warranty, they told me to call HP first and they did not satisfy me to call the warranty phone  number and that the unit can be replaced. It seems that the store personnel need to be trained.

I followed snwctchr's advise and my problem went away. Changed the paper setting to HP Premium Plus paper.

This setting prints slower but the pictures are much more vibrant than before.

Thanksfor the help.

plsbenj

HP Recommended

I had same problem with Offiejet 6500A Plus.  After going through all the cleaning print heads, replace ink, etx., finally cleared it by going into control panel, devices and printers,  set preferences, paper quality, MEDIA  HP Premium Photo Paper lines went away.

HP Recommended

I had this problem several months ago and that is exactly what I did.

I changed the type of paper to HP Premium Photo Paper and my problem went away.

Thanks,

Dennis

HP Recommended

When I print photos I get a series of horizontal lines across the picture which are 1 1/2 inches apart. How to eliminate this?

HP Recommended

I tried to change my print settings as you suggested and do not have the option of Premium Photo Paper.  Suggestions??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.