How do I get the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale? What is the procedure? (11121 Views)
Student
MSAccessGuy
Message 1 of 11 (11,121 Views)

How do I get the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale? What is the procedure?

How do I set my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale?  What is the procedure?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 11 (11,118 Views)

Re: How do I get the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale? What is the proced

Hi,

Looks like you have to do this from the aplications. Here is the procedure from its manual, page #36:

1. Load paper in the tray. For more information, see Load media.
2. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.
3. Make sure the printer you want to use is selected.
4. To change settings, click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
5. Change the paper orientation on the Layout tab, and paper source, media type, paper size, and quality settings on the Paper/Quality tab. To print in black and
white, click the Advanced button, and then change the Print in Grayscale option.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Print or OK to begin printing

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
delray220
Message 3 of 11 (6,907 Views)

Re: How do I get the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print grayscale using an iMac?

Hello.  I have the same problem, but I'm using an iMac.  Can you help?

Student
LindaER
Message 4 of 11 (5,362 Views)

Re: How do I get the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale? What is the proced

Unfortunately, this only changes the settings for that particular document.

I am trying to work out how to permanently change the settings so that the printer always prints in black and white, and am finding it very difficult to find the answer.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

HP
Advance23
Message 5 of 11 (5,305 Views)

Re: How do I get the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale? What is the procedure?

Hi LindaER,

I would like to help you with your printing problem. Could you please let me know what operating system you are running on your iMac?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Student
PhilPhil
Message 6 of 11 (5,225 Views)

How do I get the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale? What is the procedure

what does it mean by enter a value
HP
Advance23
Message 7 of 11 (5,189 Views)

Re: How do I get the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale? What is the procedure?

Hi PhilPhil,

I am not sure why it is asking you to enter a value.

Try clicking your Apple icon in the top left corner and then clicking about this Mac and should tell you which version you are running.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Student
wolfmurphy
Message 8 of 11 (4,140 Views)

I am running Maverick OS X 10.9 (13A603) There is no option I can find when printing or when configuring printer to select either b/w or grayscale. I would like to set this up to be my default printing. I am also purchasing a second tray and will soon be wanting to configure one tray for default grayscale and the other for 4x6 color printing. Thanks for guidance ... Tom
HP
Sunshyn2005
Message 9 of 11 (4,035 Views)

Hi wolfmurphy,

You can use the instruction in the following document to adjust your print settings and print in grayscale. > Mac OS X: Printing with the Black Print Cartridge Only Option.

If you would like additional assistance feel free to post back and I will follow up with you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP
Puu Student
Student
Puu
Message 10 of 11 (3,103 Views)

I am on osx 10.8.5 and would like to set grayscale to default on HP 8600 pro.

TKS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation