07-08-2012 04:31 PM
How do I set my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to print only black or grayscale? What is the procedure?
07-08-2012 04:41 PM
Looks like you have to do this from the aplications. Here is the procedure from its manual, page #36:
1. Load paper in the tray. For more information, see Load media.
2. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.
3. Make sure the printer you want to use is selected.
4. To change settings, click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
5. Change the paper orientation on the Layout tab, and paper source, media type, paper size, and quality settings on the Paper/Quality tab. To print in black and
white, click the Advanced button, and then change the Print in Grayscale option.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Print or OK to begin printing
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
10-23-2013 01:15 AM
Unfortunately, this only changes the settings for that particular document.
I am trying to work out how to permanently change the settings so that the printer always prints in black and white, and am finding it very difficult to find the answer.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
10-24-2013 07:15 AM
I would like to help you with your printing problem. Could you please let me know what operating system you are running on your iMac?
10-29-2013 07:09 AM
I am not sure why it is asking you to enter a value.
Try clicking your Apple icon in the top left corner and then clicking about this Mac and should tell you which version you are running.
12-07-2013 05:18 PM
12-10-2013 12:15 PM
You can use the instruction in the following document to adjust your print settings and print in grayscale. > Mac OS X: Printing with the Black Print Cartridge Only Option.
If you would like additional assistance feel free to post back and I will follow up with you.
Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Sunshyn2005 - I work on behalf of HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series