Question

Student
nyscw
Message 1 of 3 (305 Views)

How do I open the output tray on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus to remove a paper jam?

I can see a torn bit of paper caught in the output tray, but I can't reach it and don't see how to open or lift the output tray. 

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 3 (295 Views)

Re: How do I open the output tray on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus to remove a paper jam?

Hi, take a look at this link on clearing paper jams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
realrider1
Message 3 of 3 (77 Views)

Re: How do I open the output tray on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus to remove a paper jam?

There are two holes in the rear of the input tray.  These holes are where the tabs snap in and hold the output tray secure.  If you push down on the holes the tabs will release and you can remove the output tray.  To re-install just insert the tray into the back holes until the tabs snap in.  Be aware there are two guides under the bottom that need to be aligned as well.  The look like the letter "L" and slide over the two guide pins.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation