How do I remove the error message "To avoid damage, use the ON button to shut down the printer. (94 Views)
Student
kurtk
Message 1 of 2 (94 Views)

How do I remove the error message "To avoid damage, use the ON button to shut down the printer.

The printer's power was disconnected.  I plugged it back in and the above message is displayed on the printer's lower line and the error ex light is blinking. Then a paper jam message occurs.  I have perform all the suggested methods to clear the paper jam message.     

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (88 Views)

Re: How do I remove the error message "To avoid damage, use the ON button to shut down the prin

What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation