Question

Student
Toastywombat
Message 1 of 3 (240 Views)

How to: Printing grayscale?

HP ENVY 4500

Windows 7

Primary Browser: Google Chrome

Whenever I print it is always in color, regardless of my attempts to make it grayscale.  In google chrome I have attempted to print web pages in black and white, but they still come out in color.  The same thing happens when I attempt to print on Internet Explorer. I have also attempted to print out PDF files.  Those come out in color as well.  Even in MS Paint I can't print a simple doodle in grayscale.  There isnt a print option for grayscale/color.

I have attempted to change my printer properties through my computer devices and printers, but i cant seem to find a way to select grayscale as a default.  Simple color options are not present other than Color management which doesnt contain an easy switch from color to grayscale (unless i didnt see it).  

Is there an easy way to ensure that my printer only prints in grayscale, and allows me to easily switch it back to color when i need to? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Intern
Gelato_Soccer
Message 2 of 3 (229 Views)

Re: How to: Printing grayscale?

Hello Toastywombat,

Sorry to hear about your printing issues.

To print a document in grayscale

1. From your software, select Print .

2. Make sure your printer is selected.

3. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.

Depending on your software application, thisbutton might be called Properties , Options , Printer Setup , Printer Properties , Printer , or Preferences .

To view more printing settings, on the Layout or Paper/Quality tab, click the Advanced button to open the Advanced Options dialog box.

• Print in Grayscale : Allows you to print a black and white document using the black ink only. Select Black Ink Only , and then click the OK button.

I am an HP employee.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: How to: Printing grayscale?

Hi Toastywombat

Is this issue now resolved?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation