09-10-2013 12:31 PM
HP ENVY 4500
Primary Browser: Google Chrome
Whenever I print it is always in color, regardless of my attempts to make it grayscale. In google chrome I have attempted to print web pages in black and white, but they still come out in color. The same thing happens when I attempt to print on Internet Explorer. I have also attempted to print out PDF files. Those come out in color as well. Even in MS Paint I can't print a simple doodle in grayscale. There isnt a print option for grayscale/color.
I have attempted to change my printer properties through my computer devices and printers, but i cant seem to find a way to select grayscale as a default. Simple color options are not present other than Color management which doesnt contain an easy switch from color to grayscale (unless i didnt see it).
Is there an easy way to ensure that my printer only prints in grayscale, and allows me to easily switch it back to color when i need to? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
09-10-2013 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your printing issues.
To print a document in grayscale
From your software, select Print .
Make sure your printer is selected.
Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.
Depending on your software application, thisbutton might be called Properties , Options , Printer Setup , Printer Properties , Printer , or Preferences .
To view more printing settings, on the Layout or Paper/Quality tab, click the Advanced button to open the Advanced Options dialog box.
Print in Grayscale : Allows you to print a black and white document using the black ink only. Select Black Ink Only , and then click the OK button.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series